Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy birthday to my Mom! She's 71 today and I'll be giving her the card I made yesterday (picture to follow next post). It was kind of fun to make but frustrating as well. The directions were very clear; however, I'm soooo glad my friend Christine was at the crop yesterday doing a make-and-take. She said, "Oh, what you need is one of those punches. I've got one in my car". So, after an hour of measuring, re-measuring, throwing my pennies across the table and in general being frustrated, I punched out what I had been trying to measure so carefully!! (Thanks, Christine!). Christine also helped me decide that I'm going to download a template for houndstooth paper. I want to color it pink, but I don't have Photoshop. When I download the file, I'm going to email it to her, she'll color it for me and email it back to me. The pink houndstooth is for a huge project I'm working on. I'm making paper dolls (from the Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge) of Alabama and Auburn fans. Alabama has gone girly with the traditional Bear Bryant black and white houndstooth, making it pink and white. It has shown up on all sorts of products. So, I have girls and baby girls sporting shorts, shirts and bloomers in that pattern. I'll post pictures of those soon as well. My other goal for this week is to investigate Etsy. I got my 3rd encouragement to "hang out my shingle" yesterday, so I think I'm going to do it! Wish me luck!!

I am super excited to see my sister tonight! She is doing a mini-triathalon this morning in St. Louis and then driving to Birmingham!!! I will be calling her to keep her awake and alert!

Have a great day!

Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that make me smile!